About Common Frontiers
Common Frontiers is a multi-sectorial working group focused on building international solidarity in support of human and labour rights and democracy across the Americas.
We do this through a combination of research, analysis and action, in cooperation with labour, human rights, environmental, church, development and economic and social justice organizations
Common Frontiers grew out of the experience gained by Canadian organizations confronting the Free Trade agenda and the recognition that cooperation must extended across sectors nationally and also across borders.
We work in collaboration with counterparts, including faith groups, trade unions, environmental groups, non-profit organization, and human rights groups to create spaces of convergence for discussion, debate, strategizing and analyzing alternatives for a sustainable and inclusive world.
• BC Government and Service Employees Union (BCGEU)
• BC Teachers’ Federation (BCTF)
• Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW)
• Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE)
• Centre for Research on Latin America and the Caribbean (CERLAC)
• Comité pour les droits humains en Amérique latine (CDHAL)
• Confederation of Canadian Unions (CCU)
• KAIROS: Canadian Ecumenical Justice Initiatives